Life is a Beautiful Ride - August Freebie

Life is a beautiful ride 8x10 print
Life is a beautiful ride, isn't it?  

Back in 2011, as a military spouse who has relocated overseas in support of my husband’s career, I has lonely, bored, and a little despondent.  I was volunteering for three different organizations while pursing my MBA, but I still felt that I had too much "free time"!  What could I do to fill the empty hours?
On a whim, I decided to take risk and start my own business.  At the time I focused on photography only and hoped that I might be able to find a few people that would be willing to let me take their portraits.  After a few months, I began to add in my graphic design services.  I was pleasantly surprised when I started to build a base of clients.  Building that business was such a blessing and my confidence as an artist and entrepreneur began to blossom and grow.
I learned so much in those first years of business!  I was graphic designer, photographer, marketing director, and accountant.  Yes, it was a busy time, but so much fun!  I began to rediscover the excitement of being creative.
In a few years we moved back to the United States and although my business was great fun and was still growing, I felt that I needed to find a job that utilized my education.  In retrospect, I felt guilty for not being full time employed and still thought of my business as a nice "hobby", not a career.  I went back to work as an administrative assistant but still took portraits and designed graphics on the weekends.
After about a year, I finally admitted to myself that I was in a dead-end in my career.  I had moved too many times and as a military spouse, employers saw me as short-term and were hesitant to invest resources in training me.  Underemployed and stuck in a rut, I began to realize it was time to take control of my future.  Could I become a full-time artist?  Shouldn’t I at least give it a try?  So I did!
I love new beginnings and soon another new beginning awaits for me as I once again start over in a new location. Happily, to me, each new starts brings a feeling of excitement!  How about you?  What new adventure awaits you?  Are you sending the kids to college?  Starting a new job?
Whatever your journey, sign up for my newsletter and receive a monthly freebie like this month's "Life is a beautiful ride" 8x10 printable and SVG cut file!  
Send me a message and let me know how you use your files, I'd love to see how creative you are!
Please note: While these are free for you to use however you like, I own the copyright to the artwork and you may not re-distribute the files in any way, shape, or form nor claim them as your own.

No comments