Advent: A Season of Hope


Image Source: LoveGodGreatly.com

I have a confession to make - even though I've been a Christian for 30+ years, I've never observed Advent. Growing up in a non-traditional denomination, Advent always seemed too structured and rigid and maybe even a bit old fashioned.

It wasn't until last year when I overheard several of my Bible study friends talking about advent and how excited they were to set up their Joshua tree for their kids, that I began to be curious about this tradition.

“The Christmas message is that there is hope for a ruined humanity- hope of pardon, hope of peace with God, hope of glory- because at the Father’s will Jesus became poor, and was born in a stable so that thirty years later he might hang on a cross.” -  J.I. Packer


So shortly before Thanksgiving, I began looking for an online Advent study that I would be able to do on my own. Luckily, I found a great four week study titled "God With Us", being offered by LoveGodGreatly.com, an online community dedicated to providing resources for women who want to study God's Word.

If you are like me and want to start an Advent study, visit their website to download their free study journal or purchase your printed copy on amazon. The study's online format is incredibly flexible and perfect for this busy time of year.

What better way could there be to celebrate the greatest Gift ever given?


No comments